<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.halalhomecooking.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

28/12/2012

Food For Thought: A Few Health Benefits Of Coconut Oil

health benefits of coconut oil | Halal Home Cooking

Salam Alaikum & Welcome to another post here on At Home With Asmaa,

After my Coconut Oil Oat Cookies, i thought i would research and share more about the oil that has been named by some as "the healthiest oil in the world".

So what makes coconut oil different? well, Coconut oil is a saturated fat predominantly made up of medium-chain fatty acids (MCFA) as oppose to LCFA or long chain fatty acids found in most foods.

MCFA's have no negative affect on cholesterol and even lower the risk of heart disease and atherosclerosis.

Coconut Oil is easily digested in the body resulting in an increase in metabolic rate, more heat production as well as increased circulation. All good in aiding weight loss.

To find out more about these health benefits and others, including how coconut oil is good for both skin and hair, pop on over to http://www.naturalnews.com/036156_Coconut_oil_superfood_healing.html

Cooking with Coconut Oil

Coconut oil is heat stable, making it suitable for cooking at high temperatures, It is slow to oxidize, resists rancidity and has a shelf life of approximately two years or more; virgin coco creme / virgin coconut oil created through a wet-milling process has an indefinite shelf life.

So the next time you are making a curry why not try coconut oil as a base to fry your onions, garlic and spices? 

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 28 December 2012 at 16:46 , Anonymous Aiza said...

Awesome. But I have a few queries. Wouldn't coconut oil have a scent or wouldn't it affect the taste of the dish eg. curry?

 
At 28 December 2012 at 18:10 , Anonymous Asmaa said...

Yes it would but it's only like adding coconut milk which alot of curry sauces i have come across contain and coconut oil for me is a milder flavour than the milk and considering the fact you would only be using a few spoons of oil it wouldn't be overpowering in coconut flavour or scent inshaAllah

 
At 30 December 2012 at 06:36 , Anonymous Umm Abdulkarim said...

Salam Aleikum uhkti.

Mashallah I love coconut oil. You cannot find any raw virgin coconut oil here in Jeddah so I stocked up on both coconut oil and butter while in the States.

Love the new blog.mashallah.

 
At 30 December 2012 at 10:07 , Anonymous Asmaa said...

Wa Alaikum Salam Wa Rahmatullah Umm AbdulKarim,

So nice to hear from you mashaAllah

InshaAllah you and the children are in good health.

I bought my coconut oil online because it's easier than sending dh to the shops to look for it lol

 
At 30 December 2012 at 12:17 , Anonymous Karima said...

Thanks for popping by my blog, are you on Facebook? I am doing a shout out on facebook for my blogger followers to do guest posts on my blog - if you were interested. My fb page is Karima Heraoua if interested.

 
At 30 December 2012 at 15:09 , Anonymous Asmaa said...

Your welcome sister. I haven't Facebook but of course I'm interested in doing a guest post inshaAllah you can contact me via my email athomewithasmaa@gmail.com or you have me on twitter right?

 
At 2 January 2013 at 22:03 , Anonymous Sanaa said...

salam alaykum wa rahmtullah,
I use coconut oil for cooking on rare occasions mostly for stews or curries but I mostly use it on my body and mix it for my homemade hair products. It is fab as a natural hair and skin moisturiser and body shine. It also is a good ingredient to use if you ever want to make your own lip balm.

 
At 3 January 2013 at 10:06 , Anonymous Asmaa said...

Wa Alaikum Salam wa rahmatullah wa baraktuhu Sanaa,

JazakAllah Khairan, I've used it on my stretch marks and found an improvement in the softness of my skin and appearance of the stretch marks mashaAllah my hair is pretty dry too at the moment so I'm going to try using it on my hair too inshaAllah

 

Post a Comment

Got a question? want to share your thoughts? leave a comment here.
*Please note, your comment will be visible after it has been approved *

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home